Leicestershire Cares pairs volunteers from our business members with schools and colleges across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland to deliver high quality, meaningful employability activities. These help improve students’ academic attainment, life chances, social mobility and the potential for future wage earnings, while providing businesses with valuable opportunities to develop their talent pipeline and give back to the community.
Activities we run include inspirational talks, workplace visits and tours, CV workshops, Q&A panels, industry showcase events and employability Team Challenges. We also work closely with schools and colleges to find employee volunteers for their in-house employability activities and campaigns.
We're looking for business volunteers for the following employability events:
- Tuesday 30th of April - Speedy speakers and mock interviews at Willow Bank Hospital School 9:45AM - 11:30AM
- Wednesday 8th of May - Speedy speakers at The City of Leicester College 1:00PM-2:15PM
- Friday 21st of June - CV workshop at Rushey Mead Academy (All day event)
- Monday 8th of July - CV workshop at Soar Valley College (All day event)
- Monday 8th of July - Motivational speakers panel at Soar Valley College 2:00PM-3:00PM
If you would like to get involved in the events listed above please email CharlotteRT@leicestershirecares.co.uk.
We’re always open to new ideas, so please get in touch if you’d like to discuss how we can help with any of your planned activities.