We Discover - An employability programme working with students with Special Educational Needs and Disability
This year we are running a programme of bespoke events for nine special schools in the city and county in collaboration with the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership, Careers Hub.
The project aims to support students in key transition years at Special Educational Needs and Disability schools in Leicester and Leicestershire. Funded by the Careers and Enterprise Company’s Effective Transitions Fund, the aim of We Discover is to deliver tailored careers interventions to students in order for them to make successful post-16 transitions.
We have dates for sessions up to July across the city and county and we’d love for you to volunteer to make a difference for young people with special educational needs and disability.
- Wednesday 10th May 10.30am - 12pm Sense College, Radmoor Rd, Loughborough LE11 3BS
- Wednesday 24th May 11am - 12.15pm Birkett House School, Cosby Road, Countesthorpe, LE8 5PE
- Thursday 8th June 10.30am - 12pm Sense College, Radmoor Rd, Loughborough LE11 3BS
- Tuesday 27th June 9 - 11am Maplewell Hall School, Maplewell Rd, Woodhouse Eaves, Loughborough LE12 8QY
- Wednesday 28th June 11.15am - 12.45pm Millgate School, 18A Scott St, Leicester, LE2 6DW
- Thursday 11th May 9:45-10:45am Ellesmere College, 40 Braunstone Lane East, Leicester LE3 2FD
- Thursday 18th May 12 – 12.50pm Birch Wood School, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE13 1DR
- Thursday 25th May 1.30-2.30pm West Gate School, Glenfield Rd, Leicester LE3 6DG
To book in and for more information on We Discover, please contact Fiona@Leicestershirecares.co.uk
Employability sessions in Mainstream schools
Leicestershire Cares pairs volunteers from our business members with schools and colleges across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland to deliver high quality, meaningful employability activities. These help improve students’ academic attainment, life chances, social mobility and the potential for future wage earnings, while providing businesses with valuable opportunities to develop their talent pipeline and give back to the community.
Activities your business could get involved with include:
- Inspirational talks and speedy speakers
- Guess my Job sessions
- Workplace visits and tours
- CV workshops
- Q&A panels
- Industry showcase events
We’re also open to any new ideas our business members have. If you’d like to get involved, please contact Amy in our Children and Young People team on Amy@leicestershirecares.co.uk