Sharing, reflecting, and learning
Our Full team came together on Tuesday 25th May to share, reflect, and learn, from the successes and challenges arising from our work over the last quarter.
In that time, we have literally supported thousands of young people in schools, supported hundreds of young people, who are disadvantaged, isolated and vulnerable as well as supporting community groups across the city and county.
As a new member of staff, I was so impressed with just how much work, the team is doing and the impact you are having”Aaron Todd Youth and Community Worker, Community Development Team.
As we discussed our work, we highlighted:
- A lot of good work going on and today is an opportunity to celebrate the success of our work.
- We can improve how we plan, develop, and deliver work in a “joined up “ way. This is being worked on.
- Can improve both the nuts and bolts of our M&E and systemic delivery across sector teams. This is being worked on with external support.
- Linked to joint working is “capacity” , ensuring we can cover work if colleagues absent and staff building in time for non direct delivery work.
- There is much scope for using Arts/Podcasts/Music Video to give our stakeholders a voice and to promote our work.
“Ensuring we are working strategically as one team under our shared #PowerToChange vision and team systemically plan, monitor, and evaluate our work, so we are better able to develop and deliver, high quality, high impact and high profile work which in turn will enable us to raise new sources of funding and engage our business partners so we are better able to support communities and young people”.
We also took out time to action plan how we can improve our ability to mainstream “green” issues across all our areas of operation and how we can communicate more effectively with the business sector.
At the end of the meeting staff shared the following feedback:
- Positive and busy, lot happening.
- Insightful and looking forward to taking ideas forward.
- Great to see synergies and connections between our work and possibilities to develop co work.
- Productive and forward looking.
- Positive and collaborative.
- Great getting to know new colleagues better.
- Ideas on moving forward really helpful.
- Learning and collaborating.
- Enthused me.
- Felt inspired by our successes.
- Great to welcome new staff.
- Learnt a lot, so much positive work going on.
- Very positive and supportive teamwork culture makes you feel included and positive.
The meeting ended with a well earned sandwich lunch and a lovely feeling of positivity and #TogetherWeCan attitude.
For more information on our #PowerToChange Model https://www.leicestershirecares.co.uk/about-charity/our-approach/power-to-change/
Check out our team https://www.leicestershirecares.co.uk/about-charity/our-people/