The Community Development Team had a fantastic quarter, highlighted by a successful Easter campaign and impactful events. We continue to create partnerships and collaborate with our business members; team challenges are rolling out and already underway!
- Easter Campaign 1332 Eggs and 242 Crafts activities were given with 19 Bussiness Members taken Part.
- Team Challenges – 25 opportunities distributed. 12 in progress and 2 completed
- Walkers and Son and Nylacast contributed 3,200 for a connecting communities event.
- The CD team is now complete, with 2 staff team members in place.
- Sytner supporting Socopa, Freedom Group, Wesley Hall and Shaaban Youth Club with Board games and recreational equipment.
- Dialogue Society and CD are collaborating to put them on a higher platform and get all grassroots and other community leaders to attend the event with business member sponsorship and a business member attending the event.350+ attended being the biggest Iftar Dinner event held in Leicester.
We continue developing new community relationships by attending events and launches. The Community Development has attended and supported a number of fundraisers and community dinners across various communities.
- Attended a charity event to raise money for the Pakistani Floods
- Attended Belgrave Unity to see how CD can collaborate within that community. ·Attended Zinthiya trust anniversary celebration at Winstanley Hall
- Attended Tackling Violence against Women and Girls event. Very insightful
- Attended Bond Solicitors Iftar dinner evet again a chance to network with a different circle of professionals. ·Federation Of Muslims have invited Community to development to the Iftar dinner they are holding. ·
- Attended Moneywise Plus Celebration.
- ·Celebrate Our Similarities organisation- Advised and supported their event that was held at Wesley Hall
- Supporting AAA Anti-Poverty Project
The dinner was an absolute smash hit! It was a tremendous honour to Collaborate with the dialogue society in building bridges within the city and country.Attendee
I came away with a real sense of a community that wants to unite and work together for the good of allSangeeta Patel Project Manager, Moneywise Plus
The Community Development Team look forward to brokering further collaborations between businesses and community groups in the future, so that together we can build a safer, more inclusive Leicestershire where no one is left behind. We would like to take the time to express our enormous gratitude to all our business partners whose generous support is what makes our campaigns possible.
For more information about getting involved in our Community Development Work please contact:
Tel: 07834 181041
To learn more about our Community Development work, please click the links below: