Several YP on the UP-Project have recently exited having successfully achieved positive outcomes such as Employment, Improved employability and knowledge around Disclosing Convictions.
Referrals are now open, for more information please email; email@example.com
- 100% of participants supported this quarter have refrained from re offending.
- X3 YP passed their CSCS test and are actively in employment.
- X3 YP returned to studies which included, Functional skills, Business studies and social science.
- X2 YP were successful in being awarded support grants with Charity Link on the back of our submission.
- X2 YP moved into independent living having been in supported living for over a year! Congratulations
- X1 YP successfully passed her peer mentoring qualification.
- X3 YP are in the process of working as volunteers to support other YP with Transition UK.
- All current and existing YP on the project have gained improved employability and disclosure support.
- Our Lives Not Knives (LNK) work has been recognised by Leicester College, they have confirmed use of the animation as part of their core learning for all adult learning programmes.
- Solidifying the UP-Project journey, a visual representation is live online for YP and YP services to use.
- Our new Youth Justice Webpage is now live, and full of lots of info to support and encourage YP to get involved with what we do.
- Face-to-face employability workshop have taken place we have plans to deliver several of these throughout the year both in the community and in custody with HMP, Leicester. (Keep an eye out for updates)
- Our business members continued to support our YP and our work, plans for more work placements and work tours are in place for 2022.
- Collaboration is underway with Leicester HMP to deliver employability to those who are due to be released into the community.
- We have a new Youth Justice Development Officer in place who is leading the VIP project alongside turning point.
- The external evaluation is almost complete, and several UP-Participants have supported this and engaged well. Rocket Science have also given each YP who has engaged an amazon gift voucher.
- The LNK toolkit will be live in the next month, this will offer support, knowledge, and ideas to services and YP actively working to reduce Knife crime and serious violence in Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland (LLR).
Being on the UP-PROJECT helped me get to where I wanted to be but didn't know where to start! Because of the SUPPORT and ENCOURAGMENT I got to help me pass my CSCS test and get my PPE equipment, I am now earning my own money legitimately.UP-Project Participant - 21-22
If you get a chance to work with UP do it! You wont regret it even the SESSIONS I didn't want to attend were WORTH IT and CALM...
For more information or to discuss how we could support the work you do with young people please email: firstname.lastname@example.org