Powering up the year ahead.
As we enter 2022, we can all be proud of the tremendous work we have delivered for young people and communities in danger of being left behind. Hundreds of business volunteers have partnered with community groups, schools, public sector staff and our team to:
- Deliver thousands of #BagsOfHope across our city and county to young people and families in need.
- Provide training and capacity building for community groups.
- Deliver employability support and training both safe distance face to face and remotely to thousands of young people in schools.
- Support hundreds of young people who are seeking to get into work, education or training.
- Work with a variety of partners to support young people dealing with a range of complex issues such as housing, physical and mental health, domestic abuse and finance.
- Further, develop our capacity to support and work with diverse communities across our city and county.
- Support the business community to help fix the “Digital Divide” by donating laptops through our partnership with MoneywisePlus.
- Enable young people to share their voices and lived experiences with local and national policy and decision-makers.
We are very aware that the next few years may well be very tough for the young people and communities we work with. So, we are very pleased that from April we will be launching our “Powering up” and “Power to Change” projects. Both will seek to build on our existing strengths and networks and encourage business, community and public sector staff to work in creative and agile partnerships so nobody is left behind. We look forward to working with and learning from all of you and as always welcome any feedback you might have.
CEO Leicestershire Cares
To Read More Powering up the year ahead: February 2022 Newsletter