We were thrilled to be able to hold our annual award ceremony face in face last week at the stunning Winstanley House. The event celebrated the commitment our business members and their employees have given to supporting young people and community groups across the city and county over the last eighteen months and the difference that has made.
Congratulations to all the nominees and winners, you are all amazing!
We are immensely grateful and proud of the businesses we work with. The last eighteen months has been tough for everyone, and our businesses continued to step up and offer skills, knowledge and resources to young people and community groups, turning despair into hope.Kieran Breen, Leicestershire Cares Chief Executive
- Outstanding Contribution to Community Development - Nylacast Ltd
- Outstanding Contribution to work with Young Offenders - Alltruck plc
- Outstanding Contribution to work with Care Experienced Young People - Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Outstanding Contribution to worth with NEET Young People - Hinckley & Rugby building Society
- Outstanding Contribution to Interview Technique - Hinckley & Rugby Building Society
- Outstanding Contribution to Employability - Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Outstanding Contribution to Education - Joules
- Education Volunteer of the Year - Evan Crosskey, Hinckley & Rigby Building Society
- Volunteer of the Year - Sally Romankiw, Walkers Deli and Sausage Co, Samworth Brothers
- Company of the Year - Hinckley and Rugby Building Society
In addition to recognising those that support our projects, we also recognised those businesses that have helped us to operate as a successful charity from giving us health and safety and HR advice to helping us to manage our brand and PR work and ensuring we have a comfortable office for staff and project participants!
The following businesses were presented with an Outstanding Contribution to Leicestershire Cares award
- Rock Kitchen Harris
- Sytner Group
Our vision is for an inclusive and safe Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland where nobody is left behind, and all children and young people are supported to reach their full potential. Our wonderful business members are helping us to achieve this through their ongoing commitment, passion and enthusiasm for volunteering and support of our work.
We are grateful for their support and very much enjoyed celebrating with them
The awards event was great, it was so inspiring and motivational hearing the young people talk about how the projects have supported them and we were, of course, really delighted to have won the awards we took home. It’s such a lovely thing to be able to share with all our volunteers and something I am sure the Society is very proud of, I know I am.Carla Loughrey, Hinckley & Rugby Building Society