We are slowly merging out of our third lockdown; however, this will not stop us from thinking creatively about how we can still reach out to the communities and still deliver such vital work through this pandemic. We are working in partnership with The Rank Foundation to reach out to minority ethnic groups and research what we can do to support this area of work. We have a new project ‘Community in Action’ which will be led by our Time to Shine Leader. We have a third-year student placement to support our delivery of work from DMU and a project manager to link in the business members with the community to ensure the vision is delivered. This is an exciting time but also a challenging one but again through sheer determination and working together anything is possible.
The amazing projects we have been working on are;
- Bags of Hope
- Volunteers have been working with the Ayslum and Refugee participants in the community
- We delivered a Stop and Search, know your rights session
- The team donated to a project named ‘outspoken’ which deliver hot food and food parcels to the minority ethnic community that are struggling with loneliness and isolation
- We are set up its very first ‘baby food bank’ with partnership working with Hun Sath Sewa team from Belgrave
- We developed a new little children’s library for the community in honour of world book day, and a scheme to ‘reduce, reuse, recycle’ books
- We teamed up with the GNR8 Academy in the New Parks Hub, in supporting and funding a 6 week programme in their Boxing Academy
- Delivered hot food to Wesley Hall food bank in Highfields/spinney hill area
- The CD Team were the broker between the Somali Community and the Hindu Community to work together to deliver a food bank once a week to the community in St Matthews
And lots lots more.
To read the full News Article please click on this link; Community Development Newsletter
If you would like to get involved or contribute to any of the Community Development work at Leicestershire Cares, please get in touch.
Email: email@example.com Or Neetu@leicestershirecares.co.uk
Office No: 0116 4645215